In its third edition, this year’s #SMWNairobi is ‘Closer’ and complemented by the first ever Digital Media Awards. It is back from the 12th-15th June for media professionals, business and start-up owners, PR/marketing buffs and online content creators to connect, learn and celebrate remarkable work in the digital space.
Whether you’re tuned in to the latest advancements in digital media, looking to up your game in the online world or are just an interested observer, there’s a lot to gain by attending this year’s #SMWNairobi
Who should attend;
- Business and start-up founders/teams: We’ve already established that businesses are next-to-nothing without an online presence representing their ideals and value. Whether you’re new to this or well-versed in it, there’s a workshop, speaker or exhibitor for you. Maybe even some new talent to snap up
- PR and marketing professionals: #SMWNairobi is an ideal place to exchange ideas with your peers and understand the ins and outs of major successful strategies and campaigns globally.
- Digital content creators/influencers: Networking is the name of the game. You’ll have the opportunity to hear from and interact with people high up in major social media players such as Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Software developers/Techies: Apps are the present and the future and with the rate this industry is picking up in Kenya and worldwide, you’ll have a chance to see what’s fresh and who’s doing it.
What you will Gain
- Workshops and masterclasses: Several sessions over the 4-day period of the event will serve to help you learn new skills and fine-tune the ones you already have. Expect to hear experts from the likes of Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter speak on case studies, new trends and more.
- Networking: As all worthy industry events go, there will be plenty of opportunities to chat to inspiring and exciting people in and out of the debates, exhibition area
- Exhibit your products/services: All the above coupled with an opportunity to showcase and introduce attendees to your products or services in the exhibition space – booths of 3×6 metres are still available to book.
- Digital Media Awards: Discover, celebrate and be inspired by the best digital campaigns from storytelling, video, blogs to social good campaigns produced in the country in the past year. The awards ceremony will be held on the last evening of SMW Nairobi (June 15th) to finish off the whole event.
- If all this hasn’t convinced you, you’ll have the opportunity to experience the newly-opened Movenpick Hotel & Suites, the venue for this year’s Social Media Week Nairobi. Are you in?
Article by Julie Olum